[Source: Nick Catford]

1912 1:2,500 OS map shows the layout of the station after it was rebuilt in the first decade of the twentieth century. The station now has one island platform and what appears to be a side platform on the south side; this may be one for the original timber platforms. The short line serving this platform and the adjacent siding are still there. Two sidings have now been provided on the down side of the line; these were used predominantly for the delivery of the coal used to heat the Palace. Other sidings have been laid on both sides of the line south-west of the signal box..

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 00:48:36 CEST
© 1998-2009 Disused Stations