Station Name: ALEXANDRA PALACE

 

[Source: Nick Catford]



1951 1:1,056 OS map shows the layout of the station at closure. The southern platform has been removed and replaced with a run-round loop which was required only when non push-and-pull trains were used. At other times it was used as a siding, if required for stock storage. Most of the north terrace over the platform has been removed leaving just a section at the top of the wide access stairway to the Palace. A canopy is shown over the central part of the platform. There is a building next to the signal box; this is a relay room for the colour light signals for the abandoned electrification of the line. The sidings either side of the line to the south-west of the signal box have gone.


Home Page
Last updated: Saturday, 03-Jun-2017 23:48:36 BST
© 1998-2009 Disused Stations