Station Name: ALLERTON
[Source: Paul Wright]
Former Allerton steam shed in April 1966. The 10 road shed was built by the CLC but only ever used by the MR and MSLR partners; GN locos did not visit - as far as is known. Opened January 1882; the MSL pulled out its locos in 1896 with the MR following a year later. The building then became a wagon shop, until May 1932, after which it was used by the engineer's department well into BR times. This huge white elephant was finally demolished c.1970.
Photo received from Roger Griffiths