|Station Name: ANGEL ROAD
1914 1:2,500 OS map. The level crossing had been replaced by a bridge and all the buildings, including the station house had been demolished and replaced by brick waiting rooms with canopies on both platforms. By this time terraced housing was spreading outwards from the western part of Angel Road. A new entrance building has been provided on the north side of the bridge with steps down to the two platforms. A third siding has been added on the down side with one siding running through a new larger goods shed and a 3-ton capacity crane (CR) was provided in the yard in 1896. To the south of the station the original goods shed has been demolished. There is a new siding on the up side running up to Angel Road and from this another siding curves to the east running into the Gothic Works (making gas metres and stoves). The gas works on the down side dow has a substantial network of internal sidings.
© 1998-2019 Disused Stations