Station Name: BACKWORTH (2nd)

[Source: Alan Young]

The exterior of the overtrack building at Backworth, looking south. It was built in 1885 to provide both a covered footbridge and a booking hall. The short extension to the wooden building can be seen on the end nearest the camera; it is the section with the slightly lower roof.
Photo by John Mann

Last updated: Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 08:48:46 CEST
© 1998-2012 Disused Stations