Pegden Brothers of Elham are well known for starting steam rallies in east Kent in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
During the demolition of the bridge road traffic had to come down onto the railway line. The bus seen here is an East Kent Guy Arab IV built in 1953 with a Park Royal 58-seat body. It was one of 30 delivered that year. Unlike many other East Kent busses which had open entrance platforms, these busses had doors. The bus is on route 17 from Folkestone - Canterbury. The 17 still follows the same route through the Elham Valley today.