1898 1:2,500 map. Although Tarporley was added to the name in 1873 Ordnance Survey still show the earlier name. A new, much larger goods yard has been provided on the north-west side of the road (A49). This comprises two loops, one passing through a much larger goods shed; and two further sidings, A 5-ton capacity crane is also shown. The earlier goods sidings have been retained serving a dock (probably cattle) but the small goods shed has been demolished.