Station Name: BIRKENHEAD MONKS FERRY

[Source: Paul Wright]


Birkenhead Monks Ferry station seen from the air in 1947. The bridge over Church Street is seen top left and on the far side of it is the cutting that leads to the Monks Ferry tunnel. Monks Ferry Brow is the road leading down to the river from Church Road. The station entrance building can be seen at the river end of the road.
Reproduced with the kind permission of Simmons Aerofilms Ltd


Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 08:45:34 BST
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations