Station Name: BLACKFRIARS (SER Station)
[Source: Nick Catford]
Aerial view showing the site of Blackfriars station in 1952. The widening of the viaduct for the north side platform is very obvious. The bomb damaged buildings in Charlotte Street to the south of the line have been cleared. This includes Revd. Roland Hill's Surrey Chapel which opened in 1783 and became a boxing arena known as The Ring in 1910.
Photo from Britain From Above, reproduced with permission