Station Name: BLACKHEATH HILL
[Source: Nick Catford]
1950 1:2,500 OS map. The station building is now identified as the Helliot Engineering Works. The footbridge and steps on the up side are seen. The entrance to the works is in Sparta Street to the south; this was also the main entrance to the Sparta Street shelter during WW2. The extent of the tunnel on the north side of Blackheath Hill is still clear.