BLODWELL JUNCTION

PHOTO GALLERY

[Source: Paul Wright]

 

Blodwell Junction station looking west from the road overbridge in 1948.
Copyright photo by from the John Alsop collection

Looking south-west away from Blodwell Junction staion in 1948. The junction after which the station was named is clearly illustrated as are its contolling home signals. The lower signal arm controlled access to the Nantmawr branch to Llanymynech which can be seen curving off to the left. The taller arm controlled access to the Tanat Valley Light railway route to Llangynog. When this view was taken it was not possible for trains to reach Llanymynech as the line had closed as a through route in 1925. A stub of it had been retained for shunting purposes.
Copyright photo by from the John Alsop collection

Blodwell Junction station looking south-west in 1957 during a period of flood.
Copyright photo by from the John Mann collection

A view of Blodwell Junction station looking north-east in the 1960s.
Photo by J L Smith from the John Mann collection


Looking south-west along the platform at Blowell Junction in the early 1960s.
Photo by J L Smith from the John Mann collection

Blodwell Junction station looking south-west from the road overbridge in 1962.
Photo by Ben Brooksbank

A view of Blodwell Junction station looking north-east in 1964 by which time trains were no longer passing any further west than the road overbridge.
Photo by Philip Hindley

A view looking south-west towards Blodwell Junction station on 28 June 2013. The passenger platform was on the far side of the bridge.
P
hoto by Paul Wright


The site of the goods facilities at Blodwell Junction station looking north-east on 28 June 2013.
P
hoto by Paul Wright

Looking south-west at the site of the Blodwell Junction station goods siding and weighing machine on 25 June 2016. After the line was cut back from the passenger station side of the road bridge the buffer stops were located to the right of the photographers position. In 1985 the line was extended back towards the bridge to facilitate the installation of a run around loop.
P
hoto by Paul Wright

Click here to return to main page

Click here to see photos of the 1985 run around loop

 

 

 

[Source: Paul Wright]




Last updated: Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 08:50:29 BST
© 2004-2016 Disused Stations