BLYTH SOUTH SHED

[Source: Alan Young and Ed Orwin]


Blyth South shed in 1949
Photo from John Mann collection

Blyth South shed C. 1950's. The loco poking its nose out is 65790, a Worsdell designed J27. It entered service having been built at Darlington Works as 1006 in September 1906, renumbered by the LNER to 5790 and again in 1948  by BR to 65790. It  was withdrawn from Blyth (North) Shed in August 1966 and cut up by Hughes Bolckow in December that year.
Photo from John Mann collection

Blyth South shed c. 1950s. The loco on the left On the left is Worsdell designed G5, No 67277. Built at Darlington Works in October 1900, this loco lasted until October 1957 when it was withdrawn from 52F, North Blyth Shed and cut up at Darlington later that month. The second unidentified loco is an ex NER class 290, LNER Class J77'
Photo from Jim Lake collection

Blyth south ehed in September 1963
Copyright hoto by HC Casserley

Blyth South shed in August 1965
Photo from Roger Griffiths collection


 

 

[Source: Alan Young and Ed Orwin]





Last updated: Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 08:51:14 BST
© 1998-2012 Disused Stations