Darcy Lever Colliery signal box opened circa 1872 but it was not inspected until 3 June 1874. It served a short branch that connected Darcy Lever Colliery to the main line.
The box would have been a Saxby & Farmer Type 6 structure equipped with a Saxby & Farmer frame. The frame was reported as being 17 levers by 7 May 1884.
Darcy Lever Colliery Box was located on the up side of the line (north side) and it controlled the main line crossover and connections to the colliery from both up and down main lines. By 7 May 1884 it also controlled up and down loops that extended east to Bradley Fold station (the down loop having been installed in 1883).
The Saxby & Farmer locking was replaced with Railway Signal Company locking in late 1885/early 1886.
The colliery private sidings agreement was terminated in 1902 after mining had ceased at Darcy Lever. The connections to the sidings were removed in 1909.
Darcy Lever Colliery Box was closed in 1911. It was replaced by Bradley Fold West Box which was located 404 yards further west.