Bradley Fold West Box was opened in 1911. It was located at the west end of up and down loops that extended from the box to Bradley Fold station. It replaced an earlier box of 1872 called Darcy Lever Colliery Box which had been located 404 yards further to the east.
Bradley Fold West was an LYR Size 6 all timber box fitted with a 20 lever LYR frame.
The box was located on the down side of the line (the south side). It controlled a main line crossover and the western end of the up and down loops.
Bradley Fold West Box closed on 5 November 1967.