Station Name: BRONWYDD ARMS
Station reopened as part of the Gwili Steam Railway
4566 heads out of Bronwydd Arms station with a train for Llwyfan Cerrig in August 1994. Ex GWR 4566 was built in October 1924 at Swindon works. A Churchward designed 2-6-2 small Prairie, it lasted in service until April 1962, when it was withdrawn from 83D, Plymouth Laira shed, and was fortunate to avoid the scrap man's torch, being preserved and restored to full working order by a group on the Severn Valley Railway where it can normally be found today.
Photo by Phil Trotter from his Railway Photography web site
updated: Sunday, 04-Jun-2017 10:03:19 CEST ||
© 1998-2012 Disused Stations