Caernarvon No. 2 signal box in July 1961. This box was located at the end of the up and down platform at the south end of Caernarvon station. It was a London & North Western Railway type 4 design fitted with a 51-lever LNWR frame and opened in 1894 along with Caernarvon N.o 1 signal box when the railway station was enlarged. The box was renamed Caernarvon on 24 April 1966 after the closure of Caernarvon No. 1 box and was closed on 5 January 1970 along with the line from Menai Bridge. After the Menai Bridge was severely damaged by fire, isolating the Isle of Anglesey from the rest of the railway network, it was decided to reopen the line between Menai Bridge and Caernarvon and to use Caernarvon as a freightliner terminal. As a result the signal box was reopened as a non block post on 15 June 1970 and used until the line closed again on 5 February 1972.
Photo from David Ingham’s Flickr photostream