Station Name: Coed Poeth
[Source: Paul Wright]
The level crossing west of Coed Poeth station is seen in the early 1960s as locomotive number 9630, without its cabside number plates, works a train towards Minera. The ex-GWR 57XX locomotive was built at Swindon in December 1945 and had a working life of well over 20 years. It was withdrawn from Croes Newydd shed in September 1966 and scrapped by Cashmores of Great Bridge in December of that year.