62281 runs north over Cornforth Line crossing on the Coxhoe branch in April 1966. This loco was built for the NER to a Raven design at Darlington works in August 1917. Entering service as No.2224 at Selby shed and having the NER classification T2, this 0-8-0 was reclassified Q6 and renumbered by the LNER to 3381 in 1946, receiving the 6 prefix at nationalisation. With well over 49 years service, it was withdrawn from Tyne Dock shed on 8 December 1966 and sold for scrap to Willoughby of Choppington on 16 February 1967. Cornforth Lane Junction is immediately north of the crossing with Coxhoe station straight ahead and a siding to Tursdale Colliery curving away to the left.
Photo from SC Dent collection