Station Name: DOVER HARBOUR
[Source: Nick Catford]
Dover Harbour station seen from the air in 1920, seven years before closure. At the bottom of the picture the viaduct which bypassed Elizabeth Street and the busy level crossing at the south of the station is under construction. Granville Dock is seen to the south with Wellington Dock to the east, access to both being controlled by tidal locks. Prince of Wales Pier is seen top right.
Reproduced with the kind permission of Simmons Aerofilms Ltd