Station Name: DOVER HARBOUR
[Source: Nick Catford]
1907 1:2,500 OS map. The line to the Prince of Wales Pier has now opened running from a junction in the middle of the station. This required the rebuilding of part of the down platform on wheels so that it could be swung out of the way when required. A second signal box has been built at the north end of the up platform to control this new junction. The 1904 'Railway Clearing House Handbook of Stations' states the station had a 4-ton capacity crane at this time. Its position is not shown on the map although it is assumed to be close to the sidings. Click here for larger version.