1902 1:2,500 OS map shows the layout of the station and goods yard. The up platform is shorter than the down to accommodate the siding into the goods yard. The main part of the goods yard is to the west of the London Road level crossing on the up side; it comprises a large goods shed behind the up platform, a siding runs through the shed and a loop from it runs round the shed to the south. There is a head shunt of this loop adjacent to the small yard crane. There is a siding serving a cattle dock and pens is accessed from trailing points on the east side of Station Road opposite the Station Maltings which are also rail served with a siding running alongside a loading dock. The signal box is sited on the up platform close to the crossing. A second lock-up goods shed is shown on the down platform. Note the well (W) on the south east corner of the goods shed. Unusually no weighbridge is shown, GER records show a weighbridge wasn't provided at the station until 1909. Two railway cottages are seen at the sharp bend in Station Road. Farm bridge is seen to the west of the station.