[Source: Nick Catford]
1941 1:2,500 OS map. The signal box is now shown to the north of the down platform. The new footbridge is also shown. A small building at the back of the branch platform shelter alongside the footbridge is an electricity sub-station. The building to the north of the station master's house has been demolished. There has been substantial resaidential development on both side of the line to the south of the station. The private siding serving the Dunton Green Brick and Tile Works has been cut back to a short siding parallel with the main down line. A new narrow gauge tramway has been laid in the works but there are no interchange facilities with the siding.