Station Name: DYSERTH
[Source: Paul Wright]
Dyserth in May 1958 looking south-east as a goods train hauled by locomotive number 44347 from Rhyl shed departs for Prestatyn. The passenger station was just beyond the goods shed building which can be seen through the open goods shed doors. Built in June 1927 by Andrew Barclay, Ltd, Kilmarnock for the LMS, 44367 is a Fowler-designed 4f, 0-6-0. One of a total class of 772, this loco was one of the 580 to pass into BR ownership and lasted until 30.9.1964, when it was withdrawn from 11B. Barrow shed to be cut up by Clayton and Davie, Dunston-on-Tyne in February 1964.
Photo from John Mann collection