Station Name: ENTHORPE
[Source: Nick Catford]
Climbiing Enthorpe Bank on the approach to Enthorpe station c.1950s. 61439 was
designed by Vincent Raven and built at Darlington in 1923, classified as B16/1. It was rebuilt in 1944 by Thompson for the LNER, and was reclassified as B16/3. It was withdrawn on 31.8.1962 from 50A, York North shed and cut up at Darlington in November 1962.
Photo from Alan Brown collection