The present day Buckley station was opened as Buckley Junction. In this view looking north east in February 2011, the station's once lengthy platforms can clearly be seen. The station is situated on what was known as the Hawarden Loop which opened in 1890 and provided a connection with the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway's line to Chester at Hawarden Bridge. The original line to Buckley (Old) station passed behind the station to the far left.
Photo by Paul Wright