[Source: Les Fifoot]

Oswestry shed looking east in 1910 during the Cambrian Railways era.
Copyright photo from the John Alsop collection

The Oswestry shed coaling and watering facility that was brought into use in 1929 seen when still quite new.The plant was installed by the GWR who undertook a number of improvements to the depot in the 1928/29 period. The shed turntable can be seen to the left of the coaling plant.

A view of Oswestry shed looking south-west from the Gobowen branch line in the 1940s.
Photo from the John Mann collection

One of Oswestry depots 'Manor' class locomotives seen on shed in the 1950s.

An ex-GWR 0-4-2 tank engine seen at Oswestry shed during the first week of August 1963.
Photo by Glen Kilday

A line of ex-GWR Pannier tank engines is seen at Oswestry in the first week of August 1963. The engine at the head of the line was still carrying GWR lettering fifteen years after it had passed into British Railways ownershp.
Photo by Glen Kilday

A view of the inside of Oswestry shed in August 1963.
Photo by Glen Kilday

Looking south at Oswestry depot on 25 September 1963.
Photo by Jack Ashley

In the 1960s GWR design 'Manor' class locomotive number 7822 'Foxcote Manor' is seen being turned at Oswestry shed. The locomotive entered service with British Railways on 30 September 1950. It was withdrawn from Oxford depot in December 1965.
Photo by W Potter from the Mike Morant collection

Click here to see photos of the shed site in the years after closure




[Source: Les Fifoot]

Last updated: Thursday, 18-May-2017 17:22:18 CEST
© 2004-2016 Disused Stations