[Source: Nick Catford]
A southbound passenger service leaving Galashiels station in August 1960. Reduced to working local passenger services, this former elite Pacific 60093 was named 'Coronach', after the 1926 Derby and St Ledger winning racehorse. Built to the Gresley A3 design in 1928 at Doncaster, it carried the number 2747, being renumbered by the LNER in 1946 to 93 and then BR in 1948 to 60093. Withdrawn on 24.4.1962 from Carlisle Canal, it was cut up at Doncaster very shortly after. Galashiels goods shed is seen on the left.
Photo by Hugh Ballantyne