[Source: Nick Catford]
The closed (since April 1962) and unlit shed at Galashiels, seen here in January 1964. The building was being used at that time to store A4 No, 60026 'Miles Beevor', (Seen in the company of two 350hp diesel shunters) which languished here for a while before eventually being recalled to active service at Ferryhill shed, Aberdeen, in April 1964. The message chalked on the side of the tender reads Tank & boiler MT (empty!). Built in Feb 1937 at Doncaster, the loco was allocated the LNER number 26. Upon LNER renumbering in the early 40s, it received 4485 until it passed to BR in 1948 when it received 60026. Withdrawn on 21.12.1965, it was cut up in September 1967 by Hughes Blockows of North Blyth.
Photo by Robin Barbour courtesy of Bruce McCartney from Railscot web site