[Source: Nick Catford]
Galashiels engine shed in the 1960s. 61117 was built in January 1947, the last year before nationalisation and first carried the LNER number 1117. Built by the North British Loco Co's Glasgow Works, it was withdrawn on 6.2.1964 from 64A, St Margarets shed and scrapped by BR's Inverurie works later that month.
Photo from Bill Lynn collection