[Source: Nick Catford]
Galashiels station looking north in 1960s. A train from the Peebles loop stands in the platform. 61191 entered service on 13.5.1947, the last year of the LNER before nationalisation. Built by North British Loco, Glasgow, this B1, 4-6-0 lasted to 21.8.1965 when it was withdrawn from 64A, St Margarets to be cut up by Motherwell Machinery and Scrap in October of the same year.
Photo from Bill Lynn collection