[Source: Nick Catford]
'Captain Cuttle' approaching Galashiels station with a Class A southbound passenger express train in 1931. LNER loco No. 2745 was named 'Captain Cuttle' after the 1922 Derby winner. This A3, Gresley- designed loco was built at Doncaster in September 1928 and carried the number 2745 until LNER renumbering of 1946, when it received the number 91. Passing into BR ownership it was renumbered 60091 and lasted in service until 12.10.1964, when it was withdrawn from 52A, Gateshead shed and scrapped by Drapers of Hull in December of the same year.
Photo from Bill Lynn collection