[Source: Nick Catford]
A southbound passenger train arrives at Galashiels station c.1930s. 2757 was built to a Gresley design at Darlington works and first numbered 238 in August 1934. Classified D49, all 41 of the class received names of Hunts, 238 named 'The Burton'. The 1946 LNER renumbering saw it numbered 2757 and passed to BR on nationalisation, receiving the number 62757. It was withdrawn on 10.12.1957 from 53B, Hull Botanic Gardens shed and cut up at Darlington works in February 1958.
Copyright photo from John Alsop collection