Station Name: GATESHEAD WEST

[Source: Alan Young and Jonathan Clark]



An aerial view of the two Gateshead stations looking north-east. Crossing the Tyne are, from left to right) the High Level Bridge (opened 1849) with the railway carried above the road; the Swing Bridge (1876) and the Tyne Bridge (1928) which, until 1967, was the route of the A1 road. Gateshead West station is seen just right of centre at the bottom of the photograph with East station immediately beyond, both with trainsheds. Immediately left of West station is the former Greenesfield station hotel which is part of the railway workshops comple


 

 

 

[Source: Alan Young and Jonathan Clark]



Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 08:28:16 BST
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations