Station Name: GILMERTON
[Source: Nick Catford]
B1 4-6-0 at Gilmerton station in 1965. 61294, was built by North British Loco Works for the fledgling BR in March 1948 to the ex-LNER Thompson design. Entering service at 37C, Bradford Hammerton Street shed, it carried an original number E1294, receiving 61294 in November 1949 and moving to Scotland's Kittybrewster Shed, 61A in July 1964. This loco lasted in service until withdrawal from 64A, St Margarets Shed on 13.11.1964, to be scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries, Faslane in January 1965.
Photo by David Bain from his Flickr photostream