[Source: Nick Catford]


1950 1:2,500 OS map. The final extension to the goods depot occurred just before WW1 when further land on the south side of the viaduct was acquired to provide space for five long sidings served by car roads. The main road access to the enlarged yard was from Mile End Road just west of the Globe bridge over the Regents Canal. The elevated siding running alongside the Regents Canal has gone. Devonshire Street West signal box closed 5.9.1948 and iis not showd so is assumed to have been quickly demolished The East box (formerly Canal) closed 6.2.1949 but is still shown. A Corporation Yard has opened within the goods yard alongside the Regents Canal. In the north yards most of the wagon turntables have gone leaving just two at the east end of the yard.

Last updated: Sunday, 12-Dec-2021 19:11:37 CET
© 1998-2017 Disused Stations