Station Name: DYKE GOLF CLUB HALT

 

[Source: Nick Catford]


Date opened: January 1895
Location: West of the club house, close to a track
Company on opening: London Brighton & South Coast Railway
Date closed to passengers: 1.1.1939
Date closed completely: 1.1.1939
Company on closing: Southern Railway
Present state: Unknown
County: Sussex
OS Grid Ref: TQ267094
Date of visit: July 1981

Notes: The station was originally called Dyke Golf Club Platform, later changing to Halt. It never appeared on public timetables and golfers were obliged to pay to The Dyke as no tickets were issued. The Halt was well used by golfers until the closure of the line.

 

Golf Club Halt in July 1981
P
hoto by Nick Catford



Golf Club Halt a week after closure
Photo by J.S. Gray


[Source: Nick Catford]

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 08:31:34 BST
© 1998-2004 Disused Stations