Station Name: HALBERTON HALT

 

[Source: Nick Catford]


Date opened: 5.12.1927
Location: Beneath Lower Town (road name) overbridge
Company on opening: Great Western Railway
Date closed to passengers: 5.10.1964
Date closed completely: 5.10.1964
Company on closing: British Railways (Western Region)
Present state: The overbridge is still there but all trace of the station and line has gone with the land either side of the bridge being cultivated.
County: Devon
OS Grid Ref: ST000121
Date of visit: August 1969

Notes: Intermediate station on line between Tiverton & Tiverton Junction

 


Halberton Halt in August 1969
Photo by Nick Catford


Photo by Lens of Sutton



The site of Halberton Halt in June 2005
Photo by David Holman

 

1969


Click thumbnail to enlarge


 

 

 

[Source: Nick Catford]


Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 09:56:55 BST
© 1998-2004 Disused Stations