Station Name: HALWILL
[Source: Martin James]
1954 1:2,500 OS map. The community of Hanwell Junction has continued to expand with some more housing and a cattle market which has opened to the west of the goods yard. A second bay platform for Torrington trains is now seen beyond the north end of the up platform. The original LSWR slaughterhouse built by the LSWR was replaced with a larger building by the Southern Railway in 1930. The entrance to the yard is now identified by a weighbridge (WM) located in the short station access road. The three water cranes (Wt Pt) are now identified. 8 sidings were built by the Southern Railway to the south of the station during WW2.