Station Name: HAWICK (2nd site)

[Source:Nick Catford]

A southbound passenger train at Hawick in 1950s. 62423 is a superheated Scott. Built in 1914 for the NBR to a Reid design, this loco entered service as 414 and named 'Dugald Dalgetty'. Passing to the LNER on grouping, it received the number 9414 until the LNER renumbering of the 1940s when it was renumbered 2423. BR renumbered it again to 62423 and it was withdrawn on 31.12.57 to be scrapped at Inverurie works in January 1958.
Photo by Robin Barbour courtesy of Bruce McCartney from Railscot web site

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 11:04:50 CEST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations