Station Name: HAWICK (2nd site)

[Source:Nick Catford]

Looking south from the end of Wilton Hill Terrace (a popular vantage point for photographers) in the 1950s. The siding on the far left was for banking engines waiting to assist southbound trains. Seen on shed are 2 J36s and a BR Standard class 2. The first J36, 65338 was built between 1888 and 1900 and withdrawn from Dunfermline Upper, 62C on 31.12.1963, the second J36 is unidentified. The Class 2, nubered 78046 entered at service at Hawick Shedon 31.10.1955 after being built by BR at Darlington. It was withdrawn on 30.11.1966 from St Margarets shed, 64A and cut up by Arnott Young in June 1967
Photo from Bill Lynn collection

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 11:04:50 CEST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations