Station Name: HAWICK (2nd site)

[Source:Nick Catford]

73108 about to leave Hawick for Edinburgh in the late 1950s. 73108 was built in 1955 to a R.A.Riddles standard class 5 design. It closely followed the design Stanier's Black 5 with refinements like roller bearings, rocking grates and hopper ashpans. Built at Doncaster, it entered service at 65A, Eastfield shed, and was withdrawn only 11 years later on 31.12.1966 from Carstairs shed and cut up at Campbells of Airdrie, in April 1967
Photo by Robin Barbour courtesy of
Bruce McCartney from Railscot web site

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 11:04:50 CEST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations