Station Name: HAWICK (2nd site)

[Source:Nick Catford]

62490 is working a stopping southbound passenger train in February 1959. The loco is an Ex NBR, Glen K class, LNER D34 class named 'Glen Fintaig'. Designed by WP Reid and built by NBR in 1920, this loco passed into LNER ownership and numbered 9502. Renumbered in the LNER renumbering to 2490, it entered BR service as 62490. The engine had only 14 days left in service when this photo was taken; it was withdrawn from 64A, St Margarets shed on 28.2.1959 and scrapped at BR's Kilmarnock works 12 months later. There is one Glenn preserved: 'Glen Douglas' is cosmetically restored and on display.
Photo by Robin Barbour courtesy of Bruce McCartney from Railscot web site

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 11:04:50 CEST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations