Station Name: HEATON MERSEY

[Source: Paul Wright & Bevan Price]


A London St Pancras to Manchester Central service speeds through the closed Heaton Mersey station in 1964. Just beyond the rear of the train was the junction from where lines diverged for the original route south via Stockport Tiviot Dale and the 1901 route via Cheadle Heath. The signals that controlled the junction can clearly be seen in the picture. The small goods yard can be seen on the left.
Photo by J. Clark

Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 10:06:29 BST
© 1998-2010 Disused Stations