Station Name: HERCULANEUM DOCK

[Source: Paul Wright]


Looking south from the rear of the Southbound platform at Herculaneum Dock station in 1950. Below the station was the extensive former CLC goods yard at Brunswick. The sidings seen below the photographer are filled with goods wagons. On the left of the picture is the former CLC main line which ran between Liverpool Central and Manchester Central and which can be seen disappearing into the murkey darkness of St Michaels tunnel. An engine can be seen to the left of the main line. It will have been serviced at Brunswick Shed which is out of view to the left. To the right can be seen a girder bridge. This was part of the Liverpool Overhead railway and carried the line over the CLC tracks and into the Dingle Tunnel.
Photo by Peter Gleghorn

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 10:09:15 BST
© 1998-2014 Disused Stations