Station Name: HUNDRED END


[Source:Tony Graham & Paul Wright]




Looking south-west from the former up platform at Hundred End station in August 1964. A Stanier Class 5MT Locomotive (Black 5) is seen passing through the closed station on the 12:18 am Saturday’s only Southport Chapel Street to Preston service. 44745 was a Caprotti Valve geared Black Five, built by the fledgling British Railways in July, 1948 at Crewe Works. One of 842 Black Fives built, many had minor alterations/modifications, in fact, some say that no two were alike!. It lasted until it was withdrawn on 24.19.1964 and cut up by Wards of Killimarsh.
Photo by D. Hampson




Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 10:19:45 BST
© 1998-2012 Disused Stations