KERRY

PHOTO GALLERY

[Source: Paul Wright]
 
Kerry station looking east in 1949 during the period when it was a goods station.
Copyright p
hoto from the John Alsop collection

A view looking south-east at Kerry station in 1949.
Copyright p
hoto from the John Alsop collection

Kerry station was provided with its own locomotive shed which was used to house the locomotives that worked the Kerry branch. The shed is seen in this view looking north in 1949.
Copyright photo from the John Alsop and Roger Griffiths collections

At the eastern end of Kerry station there was a point indicator signal which is seen in this view looking east. The centre arm swung from side to side, thus indicating for which route the points were set. The fixed arm on the left is showing 'Stop' to trains exiting the siding coming in from the left. When the points were opened for the siding, the arm would have swung over to give the 'Stop' indication to the 'main' line. The structure beyond the signal ensured that wagons leaving Kerry were within the loading gauge of the main lines.
Copyright photo from the John Alsop collection


The Kerry station building seen in August 1974.
Photo by John Mann


Looking east from the site of the buffer stops at Kerry station in August 1974.
Photo by John Mann


Kerry station looking west in August 1974.
Photo by John Mann


Kerry station looking east from the entrance gate on 22 August 1983.
P
hoto by Alan Young


Looking south at Kerry station on 22 August 1983.
P
hoto by Alan Young


At the west end of the Kerry station platform a shed was provided for dry goods. It is seen in this view from the entrance gates looking north-east on 3 May 2016.
P
hoto by Paul Wright

Kerry station looking east from a similar viewpoint as the 1949 photograph at the top of the page. The locomotive shed can be seen in the distance to the left.
P
hoto by Paul Wright

Click here to return to main page

 

 

 

[Source: Paul Wright]




Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 08:58:23 BST
© 2004-2016 Disused Stations