[Source: Nick Catford]
1955 1:2,500 OS Map. Lea Bridge Stadium was short lived and closed at the end of the 1938 season and by 1955 had been largely demolished with the exception of the main stand (out of view to the left). Substantial new industries have developed to the north of the station but most are not rail-connected. The cast stone works is now shown as an engineering works with some expansion of the buildings. Power & Dean Ransomes Ltd. (Part of H Young & Co) took over the site in 1943 after their steel fabrication works at Nine Elms was destroyed in a German air raid. The old GER telegraph works was demolished in 1939 and a large goods depot built on an extended site. This is connected to the street-level station building by a high-level staff walkway (FB).