Station Name: LITTLE MILL
[Source: Alan Young]
1923 1: 2,500 OS map. An extra track has been added north of Little Mill; this is the ‘Down Independent’ constructed in 1920-21 to accommodate slow-moving northbound freight trains, enabling faster passenger trains to pass them. The new line stretches as far as Stamford Crossing, ¾-mile north of Little Mill. Interesting detail is shown of ‘tramways’ within the limestone and whinstone quarries.