Station Name: LITTLE MILL
[Source: Alan Young]
1897 1: 2,500 OS map. The buildings on both platforms at Little Mill appear much larger than on the earlier map. The signal box is shown immediately south of the level crossing, west of the tracks. Further south, on the same side of the main line, the quarries have expanded, but one of the kilns has been abandoned, and the layout of sidings has undergone minor alterations. East of the main line a whinstone quarry has opened since the earlier survey with its associated sidings, two of which extend to the lane for onward transport by road vehicles. A crane is installed next to these sidings. The coal depot is reached by the adjacent siding where a weighing machine (WM) is named. The siding closest to the up main line serves the goods dock.