Station Name: LIVERPOOL EXCHANGE

[Source: Paul Wright]



A view from one of the tall buildings adjacent to Liverpool Exchange station looks north at the approach lines when they where all intact in 1964. Liverpool Exchange Number 1 Signalbox can clearly be seen towards the centre of the picture as can the Great Howard Street Goods station shown on the left. Great Howard Street was the site of a short lived passenger station when the East Lancashire Railway and the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway' first reached Liverpool in 1848.
Photo by A. Clayton

Home Page
Last updated: Sunday, 21-May-2017 13:32:05 BST
© 1998-2011 Disused Stations